Wednesday 7 August 2013

Omar Mukhtar Lion of the Desert


OMER MUKHTAR
The Lion of the Desert




Arabic: عمر المختار- Omar Al-Mukhtār
Urdu: عمر مختار- Omar Mukhtār
Date of Birth: 20 August 1858
Martyred: September 16, 1931
Birth Place: Village of Janzour, near Tobruk in eastern Barqa (cyreaica) in Libya.

Omer Mukhtar was great hero, who fought against Italy for his motherland Libya. He started his struggle against Italy in 1912. He organized and led Libyan against Italy who invades 1920-1930s for about 20 years. His age was 70 years, when he was severely wounded, and taken prisoner by Italian forces, and martyred by invaders on September 16, 1931.




Dialogue of Omer Mukhtar and Judge of Italian Court (15 Septembr 1931).

A dialogue between the "Judge of Italian Court" and Omar Mukhtar in 1931 after he captured.:

Judge:- Did you fight against the Italian state?
Omar Mukhtar: Yes

Judge: - Did you encourage people to fight against Italy?
Omar Mukhtar: Yes

Judge: - Are you aware of penalty for what you did?
Omar Mukhtar: Yes

Judge:- For how many years did you fight against Italy?
Omar Mukhtar: For 20 years already

Judge:- Do you regret of what you have done?
Omar Mukhtar: No

Judge: - Do you realize that you will be executed?
Omar Mukhtar: Yes

Then the judge remarked:

Judge: - It's a dismal end for a man like you.

after hearing these words, Omar Mukhtar replied:

Omar Mukhtar: - On the contrary, it is the best way to end my life!

The judge offer him to acquit and deport him from the Libya if he appeals to Mujahideen in a in written to stop the Jihad. Hearing this Omar Mukhtar replie in his famous words:

Omar Mukhtar: - My forefinger that admits in every prayer that there is no God but Allah and that Muhammad is the Messenger of Allah cannot write a word of falsehood, we do not surrender, we win or die!










This tomb, in Benghazi, where Omer Mukhtar was buried, Unfortunately was demolished sometime ago as many historical building demolished in Libya. Omer Mukhtar's body was moved to the city of Sloug and reburied there.

Quotes of Omer Mukhtar

  • I will not leave this place until I achieve one of the two highest levels; martyrhood or victory.
  • We do not surrender, we win or die
  • I am not sorry for what I did because it was God's will.

In his trial proceedings he said:

  • I never submitted to the Italian government: I only had conversations with it.
  • I took part in all battles. If sometimes I was not there, the operation was likewise carried out under my orders.
  • It is useless for you to ask me single facts. Whatever has been committed against Italy and the Italians for the past ten years was willed and permitted by me, whenever I did not personally take part in the acts themselves. … The raids, too, were ordered by me and some of them carried out by me. 
  • War is war.
  • I am not sorry for what I did because it was God's will.
  • From God we have come and to God we must return. (His response after receiving the death sentence by court.)



Omar Mukhtar (Lion of the Desert-- Movie)













No comments:

Post a Comment